Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ryan's First Day of Kindergarten


Amazing! I can't believe he's started kindergarten. I must admit it was hard to leave him. A plethora of parents & kindergartners stood outside the school and waited for the kindergarten teachers to come out and tell us what to do. We found out that everyday we line the kids up against the wall and wait for the teacher. She opens a gate and they walk right into the back of the classroom. So, today, with that plethora of parents, we were not allowed to go in. We just sent them with all their school supplies and backpacks in line and waved goodbye.

We've been talking about the first day of school for days now and he's been fine with it. But this morning he woke up and said, "Mommy, I'm a little nervous today." And as he walked into the gate he stopped and said, "Uh, mommy, will you come with me?"

I think that if he had not done a year of preschool this would have been much harder for me. But, as I walked away I told myself that it was ok, he's done this for a year already.

Well, success. When I picked him up he was a very happy kid. I've taken video of his response. One big milestone down. LOts more to come :-)

4 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

THAT was cute. I am so happy that he loved his first day of school. I can't even imagine my Ryan getting old enough for kindergarten. *sigh*

Shelby said...

Way to go, Ryan. You are going to love kindergarten! Such fun adventures ahead.

(Way to go, mom! You made it through the first day! I swear that first day of kindergarten was always harder for the parents than my students!)

heymaughan said...

That first Kindergarten day is a BIG deal (for both child AND mom...)He is so cute. Congratulations!! I am jealous of your year round schedule--I think it's brilliant.

The Titmi said...

I had such a hard time sending Josh. It felt the beginning of the end of time with my kids. So far I am excited for Rory but we will see if I freak out again.