Monday, July 2, 2007

Sayings of the Month

Don't kids say the darndest things? Well, and the cutest things. I've been collecting a few of the ones that have stuck with me over the past month and hope to post these once a month regularly. Here goes:

1) Okay to start with one of my all time favorites (Krista had just turned 2 last, October)
The kids had done something....I was upset. For the life of me I don't know why I asked this question.
ME: WHO DID THIS?!!
ANSWER: SHE/HE DID (as they point fingers at one another)

Why did I ask this question again?

ME: WHO DID THIS!!
ANSWER: SHE/HE DID

This went on two more times. Finally, exasperated, I asked:
WHO'S LYING?

Simultaneously:
RYAN: KRISTA
KRISTA: MEEEEEE! (With her hand up in the air)
They both started laughing and immediately I had forgotten whatever it was that she had done.

2) Let's do a sign for daddy's first day at his new job. What should it say?
KRISTA: Ta Dah!



3) Krista and I were together at Costco. She was asking about going to school like Ryan. I said you need to be potty trained first!
KRISTA: (AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS IN COSTCO)
If I get potty trained I can go to school like Ryan? I can't wait to go to school when I grow up! Mommy, can I go to school when I grow up?!

4) We plant some tomato plants one day and after we are done, Krista sets up a chair right in front of it.
ME: What are you doing Krista?
KRISTA: I'm watching it grow.
ME: No, Krista, it takes a long time for it to grow.
KRISTA: Oh.
The next morning Krista wakes up she says,
KRISTA: Mommy! Mommy! Is it done growing? Let's go see it!
Ryan says his prayers every night and has added,
RYAN: Heavenly Father will you make the "potato" grow super fast so I can see what it will look like?



5) Grandma came to visit and watch the kids while we went to Hawaii. She discovered that everywhere the kids go (in a car) they have learned to spot the Fedex Trucks and Taxis (both because of Ryan....long story why he does this...Krista caught on, etc.) So, grandma, being the cute grandma she is, sent some diecast Fedex trucks by Fedex. (Wish I had a picture of the look on Ryan's face when that truck pulled up to our house) She also sent some Taxis. The Taxis came first.

RYAN: I'm so glad that I have these Fedex trucks because my Taxis really needed some friends!



6) MY FAVORITE THIS MONTH:
RYAN: Look, look its an ambulance! Are those nurses that work in there?

ME: No, those are E.M.T.s

RYAN: What do they do when you die?

I'm thinking, wow, where did he come up with that question and how should I answer it?
ME: They take you to the hospital.

RYAN: They take you in an ambulance?

ME: Yes. (as I shrug my shoulders....I can't very well explain all that to him, he doesn't even know what death is)

KRISTA: I've been in an "anbalence"

Ryan thinks very carefully for about a minute and then asks:

RYAN: Did Krista have to go in an ambulance when she was growed or when she was being made?

ME: No! :-)

RYAN: Krista, you didn't go in an ambulance.

KRISTA: Yeah, me either

2 comments:

heymaughan said...

You will be so glad you are keeping track of these. I thought I would always remember some of the doozies my kids have come out with, but it's sad how quickly you lose them if they are not written down.

jenncheney said...

oh, my goodness Marea---they are soooooo adorable!!!! :) I loved those quotes... you should write a book!!! :)