Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hawaii Trip

What a fantastic time we had! We still can't believe it all fell into place. Thank-you, thank-you grandma! The kids had such a great time with you. Thanks for everything. Grandma shared with us one of her favorite things the kids had said.

Ryan praying before breakfast said, "....and please don't let my Rice Chex go soggy while I am praying...." I love this age!

We spent our entire time on Oahu. We went to the spectacular Polynesian Cultural Center, the Temple, BYU-Hawaii, swam with dolphins, ate dinner by sunset at Northshore and went snorkeling in the infamous Hanauma Bay.


The weather was beautiful and I loved driving around the island. The skies looked like they were painted and the beaches were so clear and warm. It really is paradise. But, where do Hawaiians go for vacation?

I gave up trying to pronounce street names and kept reminding myself that I was in the U.S. I wished my old roomate from college was there to "translate". I suddenly understood why Utah was such a shock to her and why she spent about 2 hours on the phone one night to describe to her friends at home, on Oahu, what snow looked, felt, and tasted like.

Can we go here at least once a year?!

No comments: