Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Ryan's Birthday


Okay, so I have to now add a wonderful tale of Disneyland to counter balance the last posting.

Monday, April 30th, we went to Disneyland for Ryan's birthday. We wanted Daddy to come so we waited for him to get off work and arrived at D-land at 6pm. Now, the park was going to close at 8pm so our thought was nothing other than RUN, RUN, RUN to Buzz Lightyear as fast as we can because that's the ride he wanted to do most.

We get to the entrance gate and Jake couldn't find his pass. I told him that I would just take the kids into City Hall and get Ryan his birthday button.

NOTE: When you go through the gate at Disneyland with an annual pass it has your picture and when it's your birthday it pops up on their little screen and they say happy birthday to you.

As we went through the gate, the woman working there scanned our passes and when she scanned Ryan's she turned to him and said, "Happy Birthday Ryan!"

Ryan turned around in amazement and said, "But, how did you remember?!" It was the cutest thing I'd ever heard.

We went to City Hall and the woman there was writing Ryan's name on a b-day button. She asked Ryan if he liked Buzz Lightyear. Ryan started going crazy telling her all about how that was exactly where we were going and how much that it was his favorite ride. She said to him, "Well I must have known. I have Buzzlightyear fastpasses for you right here!"

NOTE: D-land fast passes let you not wait in line. You can, basically, just get right on the ride.

Ryan was twirling around and screaming about how happy he was. I felt like saying, this IS the happiest place on earth! They just made my boy's day! (Oh how small things make us soo happy!)

We sat down for dinner and Ryan asked me if California Adventure was closed. I said, "Yes, it closed at 6pm, why?" He asked if he could go on "the car ride". I asked him what he meant and after serveral minutes of trying to figure it out realized that he was talking about Autotopia. I said, "Ryan, turn around and look behind you." He started shouting, "There it is, there it is!!"

It was a good day at Disneyland and has kept up our family tradition of having miraculous things happen there on a birthday.

No comments: